Toggle menu

Pest Control

We are currently transitioning to a new pest control provider and cannot accept new cases at this time.

Any reports made on or before 25 September 2023 will not be affected.

For details or enquiries about cases reported on or before 25 September 2023, please contact Vergo directly. 

As soon as our new provider can accept bookings in our area, our online form will be available again on this page.

We expect our new pest control provider to be in place shortly, so please check back in a few weeks.

In the meantime, you can check for more information about pest control.

Can the Council help with pest control?

Pest control treatment for rats and mice is free of charge for domestic premises, as long as someone living there is receiving at least one of the benefits listed below:

  • Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related) (ESA)
  • Income Support
  • Job Seekers' Allowance (JSA)
  • Disability Allowance
  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Housing Benefit
  • Council Tax Reduction
  • Pension Credit Guarantee
  • Universal Credit

Please note that you will need to provide evidence of your benefits, such as an award letter, when the technician visits you.

I don't receive benefits; can you help me?

If you don't receive any of benefits listed above, you will need to contact a private pest control company.

You can also contact the British Pest Control Association and National Pest Control Technicians Association to find a local service.

Coronavirus and Pest Control Treatment

In order to protect customers and technicians, Vergo will contact you before visiting your property to check whether anyone in the house is classed as vulnerable or shielding, or if anyone has shown symptoms in the last seven days.

The technician will need to maintain a 2 m social distance from people in the house, and will need access to handwashing facilities. They will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) throughout the visit.

I want to report a dead animal

To report a dead animal, please use the button below:

Report a dead animal

I want to report a pest problem at a neighbouring property or a public place

If the pest problem is at a neighbouring property, or in a public place, please report it to our Customer Service team using the general enquiries form. We will then investigate the problem.

General Enquiry

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email