Park Home Sites
The Mobile Homes Act 2013 gives the council greater powers to monitor mobile home site licences. These changes don't affect holiday caravan site licences.
On 26 March 2013 the Government passed the Mobile Homes Act 2013 (MHA 2013) which gives greater protection to occupiers of residential caravans and mobile homes. You can find out more about the MHA 2013 on Gov.uk - Park Homes.
Register of Site Rules
- Existing site rules will eventually be replaced with new site rules to be deposited with the council. Site rules that have already been deposited with us can be downloaded from the right-hand side of the page.
- There is a fee for the deposit of site rules with the council, which is currently £77.00.
- The council is required to keep a register of site rules and publish them online. These can be downloaded from the right-hand side of the page.
Breach of Site Licence Conditions
- The council can serve compliance Notices on site owners where site licence conditions are being breached.
- These notices will set out what the site owner needs to do to correct the breaches, and the timescale for doing so.
- A fee of £40.00 per hour will be charged to serve the Notice.
- Failure to comply with the Notice is a criminal offence.
For more information, please contact the Licensing Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Fit and Proper Person
From 1 July 2021, site owners operating a relevant Park Home (protected site), holding a site licence, must apply for the relevant person to be included on the register of fit and proper persons. The relevant person could be the site owner or an appointed manager. All site owners will be sent an application pack inviting them to make an application to be included on the register and must apply between 1 July and 30 September 2021. There is a fee of £120.
The following will be considered:
- whether the applicant is competent to manage the site;
- whether the management structure and funding arrangements are suitable;
- whether the applicant has:
- offences relating to fraud, dishonesty, violence, firearms, drugs or any offence listed in Schedule 3 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003
- contravened any provision of the law relation to housing, caravan sites, mobile homes, public health, planning or environmental health or of landlord and tenant law
- contravened any provision of the Equality Act 2010 in, or in connection with, the carrying on of any business
- not harassed any person in, or in connection with, the carrying on of any business
- not been personally insolvent within the past 10 years
- not been disqualified from acting as a company director within the past 10 years
- the right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- a membership of any redress scheme enabling complaints to be dealt with in connection with the management of the site (when this is in place)
Where fit and proper status is granted, the applicant will be included on the register for five years. In some circumstances applications will be granted subject to conditions, which will be determined on the merit of the application.
Contact details will be provided in the application pack should you need to contact one of our officers regarding the process. If you have a more general enquiry please email email@example.com
The Mobile Homes (Site Rules) (England) Regulations 2014 set out the procedures that must be followed in order to make valid Site Rules. Under Regulation 16, the Council has a duty to publish the up-to-date register online. By publishing this register the Council accepts no responsibility for the validity of the Site Rules on this register.
Name Ian Stainer Site Silent Woman
Business Address Silent Woman Parks
Role Owner Dates of inclusion on register 1 Dec 2021 Number of conditions N/A Dates of inclusion N/A Date condition is satisfied/varied N/A Name Paul Williamson Site Harford Bridge Holiday Park
Business Address Harford Bridge Holiday Park
Role Head of Park Operations Dates of inclusion on register 1 Nov 2021 Number of conditions N/A Dates of inclusion N/A Date condition is satisfied/varied N/A Name Jeana Smith Site Oaklands
Business Address Oaklands
Role Site Manager / Company Director Dates of inclusion on register 1 Dec 2021 Number of conditions 1 Dates of inclusion 13 July 2023 Date condition is satisfied/varied N/A Name Mr Barton Site Devon Oak
Business Address Bedford Bridge
Role Company Director Dates of inclusion on register 01 Dec 2021 Number of conditions N/A Dates of inclusion N/A Date condition is satisfied/varied N/A Name Catherine Look Site Beeches
Business Address Oak Tree Park
Role Managing Director Dates of inclusion on register 1 Dec 2021 Number of conditions N/A Dates of inclusion N/A Date condition is satisfied/varied N/A