Your Waste Service
We have introduced an 'opt in' garden waste subscription service. Collections occur fortnightly with permits attached to new style garden waste sacks.
How does the service work?
- The subscription provides you with four sacks and four permits. You will need to attach one permit to one handle of each of the sacks.
- Sacks are green and the permits are brightly coloured so that they are easily identified by crews.
- The sacks are slightly weighted to help prevent them blowing around in windy weather.
- When full, sacks should not weigh more than 23kg (50lbs). Operatives need to be able to lift and empty the sacks into the vehicle.
- Cardboard can no longer be placed in with garden waste, but small pieces can go in your green box. Other card can be taken to Recycling Centres.
What happens to my garden waste?
- Once collected, garden waste is passed to Devon County Council and the waste is processed into compost at a cost.
- Due to legislation, the compost can only be used on the farm site where it is produced.
How do I apply?
- To join, you will need your bank card and contact details to hand.
* The normal subscription service costs £40 per year and provides four green sacks and four permits per subscription with a fortnightly collection service. Terms and Conditions apply. Subscription runs from October - September. There are no collections over the Christmas period.