Cost of Living Community Action Fund
24 November 2022
Voluntary groups in West Devon are invited to apply now for their share of a £50,000 funding pot to support community projects across the Borough.
Part of the Council's cost of living response plan, West Devon Borough Council has launched two new grant schemes for local voluntary and community groups. Worth up to £2,500 per group, the money can be used for projects or schemes that are working to directly support residents through the cost of living crisis. Whilst also supporting the broader health and wellbeing of local people.
- Winter Wellbeing Fund aims to support activities with up to £2,500 towards addressing residents' wider health and wellbeing impacts such as:
- Improving mental health and wellbeing
- Improving physical health and wellbeing
- Activities that promote participation in activities to disadvantaged and isolated groups
- Cost-of-Living Action Fund is an opportunity to bid for up to £1,000 for community schemes that directly contribute to the cost of living. This could include creating and operating warm banks, or providing warm meal clubs for residents etc.
Cllr Tony Leech, West Devon Borough Council's Lead Member for Cost of Living, said: "Our voluntary groups and organisations across West Devon are doing amazing work already. They are supporting their communities and making a real difference to health and wellbeing. They understand what support and activities local people need and are perfectly placed to genuinely help others to get active or improve mental health. By working together with these valued volunteers and organisations by giving them the money they need to do even more good work, we know that we can genuinely improve wellbeing for local people.
"Whether your local community group or club needs money to organise a special project or to give you the resources to help more people, get in touch. Tell us what you want to do to improve wellbeing in West Devon and how the money will help you achieve this. The online form is quick and simple to fill in, and your group could benefit by up to £2,500."
The scheme will open for applications on Thursday 17 November and close on Friday 16 December 2022.
To apply for funding, go to: www.westdevon.gov.uk/winter-fund