|Information required and when required||Guidance|
All applications (except applications for approval of details reserved by condition, or s73 applications where the original red line is used)
Every plan (including all copies) based upon Ordnance Survey maps must have the appropriate Ordnance Survey copyright licence number and be within the last 12 months
Please note: access to the public highway is not required for Listed Building Consent or Certificates of Lawfulness.
A location plan must be provided as follows:
- At a metric scale (usually 1:2500 or 1:1250) and ideally scaled to fit onto A4 or A3)
- Provided on an up-to-date map
- Show the site area edged in red (to include all land necessary to carry out the development, access to the nearest public highway, visibility splays, landscaping, car parking, any new drainage systems such as package treatment plants, soakaways and open areas around buildings).
- Operational development, including non-mains drainage systems, must be included within the red line.
- Where possible, please identify 2 named roads
- Name or number adjoining properties so the exact location is clear
- A blue line should be drawn around any other land owned by the applicant, close to or adjoining the application site
- Indicate a north point
- Include a scale bar
Where to find additional information
Planning Portal accredited supplier
If you need a Site Location Plan or Block Plan, or you would like to see an example, please see the Planning Portal.
Back to List