Toggle menu

Housing Benefits Overpayments

If you have been overpaid Housing Benefit, you may have to repay it.

If you think you're receiving too much Housing Benefit you need to tell us, as you may have to pay it back.

We can recover overpayments by:

  • asking your employer to operate a Direct Earnings Attachment (deducting directly from your wages)
  • deducting directly from any ongoing benefit entitlement
  • deducting directly from other social security benefits
  • receiving a payment from you

How can I pay back an overpayment?

You can pay back an overpayment here.

What if I cannot pay?

If you are having difficulty repaying an overpayment, please Contact our Housing Benefit Team as soon as possible.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email