Universal Credit has now been rolled out for new claimants in our area.

Most people who want to make a new claim will need to claim Universal Credit, but there are some exceptions.

Should I claim Housing Benefit or Universal Credit?

  • Are you of pension age?
  • Are you or your partner in receipt of severe disablement allowance?
  • Do you live in temporary accomodation?
  • Do you live in supported accomodation?

If the answer to any of these questions is Yes, you will need to claim Housing Benefit from us.

If you have answered No to all of these questions, you will need to apply for Universal Credit.

Universal Credit

Applications for Universal Credit are handled by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

Apply for Universal Credit

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction

To apply for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction from us, please use the button below:

Apply for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction

Need More Information?

Contact the Benefits Team