Notice of Election
UK Parliamentary Election For the
CENTRAL DEVON Constituency
- An Election is to be held of One Member of Parliament for the Central Devon Constituency.
- Forms of nomination for the Parliamentary Election may be obtained at West Devon Borough Council, Kilworthy Park, Tavistock, Devon, PL19 0BZ from the Acting Returning Officer who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area, prepare a nomination paper for signature.
- Nomination papers must be delivered to the Acting Returning Officer, Election Office, West Devon Borough Council, Kilworthy Park, Tavistock, Devon, PL19 0BZ on any day after the date of this notice (excluding Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays) between the hours of 10am and 4pm but no later than 4 p.m. on Thursday, 14 November 2019.
- At the same time as delivering the nomination paper, candidates must also supply a £500 deposit which must be made either by the deposit of cash (legal tender) or by means of a United Kingdom banker's draft .
- If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 12 December 2019 between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- Applications to vote by post, or to change or cancel an existing postal vote, proxy appointment or postal proxy arrangement must be received by the appropriate Electoral Registration Officer not later than 5 p.m. on Tuesday, 26 November 2019.
- Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the appropriate Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Wednesday, 04 December 2019.
- Applications to vote by proxy at this election applied for on grounds of physical incapacity, where that physical incapacity occurs after 5 p.m. on Wednesday, 04 December 2019 or on grounds of occupation, service or employment, where the elector becomes aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5 p.m. on Wednesday 04 December 2019, must reach the appropriate Electoral Registration Officer by 5 p.m. on Thursday, 12 December 2019.
- Applications to be included on the Register of Electors can be made online at www.gov.uk/registertovoteor complete a form available from the council offices. The deadline for applications to be received is Tuesday, 26 November 2019.
Electoral Registration Officer
West Devon Local Authority Area
Kilworthy Park, Tavistock, PL19 0BZ
Mid Devon Local Authority Area
Phoenix House, Phoenix Lane, Tiverton, EX16 6PP
East Devon Local Authority Area
Blackdown House, Border Road, Honiton, EX14 1EJ
Teignbridge Local Authority Area
Forde House, Brunel Road, Newton Abbot, TQ12 4XX
Dated Thursday, 07 November 2019
Acting Returning Officer
Published by the Acting Returning Officer, West Devon Borough Council, Kilworthy Park, Tavistock, Devon, PL19 0BZ