Starting your own food business? You can find out everything you need to know here.
If your business handles, stores, processes or sells food, you must register it with the council. This includes catering businesses run from home and mobile or temporary premises, such as stalls and vans.
Food Safety legislation requires you to write down in simple terms what you do and what records you will keep to make sure that your food is safe to eat.
Find out about our Primary Authority Partnership Service here.
There are strict regulations governing those businesses involved in food handling and they may need to apply for Approved Food Premises status.
We carry out regular checks of all food premises to make sure you are protected and high standards are maintained
All food import products which are of animal origin, such as meat and dairy products which are from countries outside the EU must enter the UK through designated Border Inspection Posts.
Information on how and why we sample food
Register a food business here