What should I do if I find a fly tip?
A fly tip is anything that has been dumped in a place that is not a Licenced Waste Transfer Station (recycle centre) and may include:
- Electrical goods
- Building waste
- Household and/or commercial waste
- Clinical and/or chemical waste
If you come across someone fly tipping or see a fly tip, please report it to us using the button below:
You can help us investigate the fly tip if you're able to provide the following information:
- Location of the fly tip
- The day, date and time you saw the incident
- How many people were fly-tipping
- What items were fly tipped
- Take photographs of the items or note a description of what they looked like
- What vehicles were used - Model, colour and registration
Please do not remove evidence from a fly tip as this could affect the outcome of a future prosecution.
We do not encourage you to look through fly tips as we have officers who are fully trained to do this.
Our Environmental Protection Team investigate all reports of fly tipping to try to identify those who are responsible.