Dog Exclusion Areas
There are certain areas of the Borough where dogs are not permitted at any time.
It is an offence if a person in charge of a dog takes the dog onto, or permits the dog to enter or to remain, on any land to which this Order applies.
This article applies to all land within the Council's administrative area comprising:
- Any fenced, hedged or walled children's play area
- Any fenced, hedged or walled bowling green
- Any fenced, hedged or walled tennis court
- Any fenced, hedged or walled skateboard or BMX park
- Any fenced, hedged or walled putting green
- Any sporting or recreational facility pitch when sport is in play
Exemptions to the Order
- A person registered as blind in a register compiled under section 29 of the National Assistance Act 1948;
- A person who is deaf and who relies on a dog trained to be a Hearing Dog for the deaf;
- A person with a disability which affects their mobility, manual dexterity, physical coordination or ability to lift or who relies on an assistance dog trained by a prescribed charity;
- A person who is in charge of a dog for the time being employed for purposes in relation to agriculture, hunting, pest control, the police or rescue services;
- A person who has received specific consent from the land owner to enter the land with a dog.