This would enable you to continue to live independently by moving to a property more suited to your needs. Remember, this grant is means tested.
Who is this grant for?
- If your existing home requires adapting to meet your needs (as assessed by your Occupational Therapist) but the adaptations are not considered reasonable and practical for a Disabled Facilities Grant, you may qualify for a Relocation Grant instead. Visit our page.
What will the grant pay for?
- Reasonable moving costs - legal fees, stamp duty, estate agent fees and removal costs
- The maximum amount of grant payable is £10,000
Will I qualify for this grant?
- You must have a Statement of Need from the Occupational Therapist, recommending that adaptations are needed to help you live safely in your home
- The proposed adaptation at your existing home must have been assessed by us, but been judged as not being reasonable and practicable because of the costs and extent of works involved
- Your new home does not need adapting for your needs, OR the cost of adapting it for you, plus the reasonable moving costs, will be less than adapting your existing home.
- Important - Please note that applications for a relocation grant must be made at least 6 weeks prior to a proposed moving date, to allow time to assess the application and supporting evidence.
Remember, as this grant is means tested, your financial situation will also be assessed to see if you qualify.