We now offer web chat, please use the button below to talk directly with one of our Customer Service Team.
About Food waste collections
- Food waste is collected weekly from the kerbside
- We supply kerbside and kitchen caddies for food waste recycling
- We collect both cooked and uncooked food
- We cannot collect any food in plastic packaging.
How do I use my caddies?
- Use the smaller caddy in your kitchen
- The food can be wrapped in our liners, paper, or can be left loose - though this will require more frequent cleaning of the containers.
- Each week, transfer the waste to the larger caddies.
- If you put the handle forward the lid will lock to help keep the contents secure.
Please put your large caddy at the kerbside for 7.30am on the day of collection.
What happens to my food waste?
All food waste is taken to a state-of-the-art local plant. It is used to generate power for the national grid whilst the by-product is spread free of charge on local farmland as a soil conditioner.
I need help to get my waste to the kerbside
If you have no-one in your household that can physically put out your waste on the kerbside, we may be able to help with an Assisted Collection.