Toggle menu

Building Control

Devon Building Control is committed to maintaining the highest standards in the design, approval and construction of buildings

How do I find out about, or apply for building regulations approval?

A partnership arrangement exists across Teignbridge, South Hams, West Devon and Dartmoor National Park to deliver building control services.

For more information on what requires building regulations approval and to make an application for approval, please visit the Devon Building Control Partnership website.

Dangerous Structures and Walls

Buildings can become dangerous to the public following a fire, flood or storm, vehicle impact or just through age and neglect. Building Control is responsible for investigating notifications of alleged dangerous buildings and structures.

If you have concerns about a building or structure, please contact Devon Building Control Partnership to report it. You will need to provide the following information:

  • Your name
  • Address or location and description of the structure
  • The nature of the risk
  • Contact details for the owner (if you have them)


Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email