Toggle menu

Temporary Event Notice (TEN)

We are now accepting Temporary Event Notice (TEN) applications.

Please be aware that applications for weddings and events of 30 people or more must be accompanied by a risk assessment. For further advice about a forthcoming event please email or call 01803 861336.

If you want to sell alcohol, have regulated entertainment or late night refreshment and don't hold a premises licence or club premises certificate, you can apply for a Temporary Event Notices (TEN). This gives you temporary permission to carry out these licensable activities.

Are there any conditions?

The following conditions apply:

  • Your event must involve no more than 499 people at any one time 
  • It must last no more than 168 hours with a minimum of 24 hours between your event and the start or finish of another TEN.
  • Premises are limited to a maximum total duration of the periods covered by temporary event notices of 21 days per calendar year or 15 TENs per Calendar year.
  • You must be 18 years or older to make an application for a TEN. If you do hold a personal licence you can give a maximum of 50 TENs per year of which 10 can be late TENs.
  • A non-personal licence holder on the other hand can only give a maximum of 5 TENs per year, of which 2 can be late TENs.
  • There is a limitation to the maximum number of TENs per premises.

How do I apply?

We must receive notice at least ten working days before the event (please note that ten working days starts from the day after the notice is received by us and does not include the day of the event).

Apply for a Temporary Event Notice

Please note the form is hosted by Gov.UK. You will need Adobe Acrobat reader installed to access and complete the form. Adobe Acrobat is free to download and widely available.

If you are unable to access the form, please email for a paper alternative.

You can read the guidance notes here.

If you make an application online, you are not required to send a copy of the application to the Responsible Authorities; we will do this for you. 

If you submit a paper notice you must also send a copy of your notice to the Police. The notice must be received by them no later than ten working days before the event period (please note that ten working days starts on the day after receipt of the notice and does not include the day of the event).

Police details:

Licensing Department
Devon & Cornwall Constabulary
Launceston Police Station
Moorland Road
PL15 7HY

01392 452225

How much does it cost?

Will Tacit Consent Apply?

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you don't hear from us by the end of the target completion period.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email